[Looks like the Meitner Audio division of Emmlabs is keeping busy . This looks like another cool component to add to the things that I want for my office (which is where my computer is and where I spend most of my waking hours) ]
“Made in response to popular requests, the new Meitner Audio MA-2 Integrated Playback System combines EMM Labs’ award winning DAC technology with a no compromise CD playback system for demanding audiophiles who desire to play CD’s and also use it with a server or computer. The MA-2 has multiple digital inputs including USB audio, AES, TOSLINK and SPDIF all supporting up to 24bit/192kHz for maximum flexibility. Like our award winning MA-1 DAC, it also supports DSD streaming over USB.
Key Features of Meitner MA-2:
• MFAST™ asynchronous technology to completely get rid of source jitter
• MDAT™ DSP: 2xDSD (5.6Mhz) up-sampling DSP which preserves phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of waveforms
• MCLK™ sub-pico second high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter performance
• The standard-setting proprietary MDAC™ dual differential discrete 5.6Mhz digital to analog converters
• Completely new CD playback system with built in custom stabilizers that is accurate, responsive and quiet.
• Updated power system with additional filtering and isolation for the CD playback systems.
• Supports sampling rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at word lengths up to 24 bits on all digital inputs.
• USB Audio supports DSD streaming via DoP 1.0.
USB works seamlessly with Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems and complies with the USB Class 2 audio interface standard.
The Meitner Audio MA-2 Integrated Playback System is currently shipping. Price $11,000 US MSRP. ”